Welcome to Waterloo Region Online Police Reporting
Please read the entire page before determining if the incident you wish to report qualifies for ONLINE reporting.
If you consider this incident an emergency call 9-1-1 immediately.
You should dial 9-1-1 if:
If your incident is NOT an emergency and does NOT meet all of the ONLINE reporting criteria below call 519-653-7700 or attend your closest police station (click here for list of locations in Waterloo Region).
You should call Police and NOT file an ONLINE report if any of the following is true:
- If you have a known suspect.
- If you are in possession of any evidence.
- If the value of the theft, loss or property damage is MORE THAN $5,000.
- If the incident occurred outside of Waterloo Region.
- If someone broke into your home or business.
- If this is a motor vehicle collision.
- If this is a theft or loss of a firearm.
- If this is a theft or loss of License Plates or any Government issued Personal Identification documents.
- If this is related to any form of personal violence including domestic violence.
- If this is related to any kind of vandalism or graffiti that could be described as hate motivated.
Available ONLINE reports include:
- Damage to Vehicle (other than by collision and under $5000)
- Theft (Under $5000)
- Lost Property (Under $5000)
- Mischief/Damage to Property (Under $5000)
- Theft from Vehicle (Under $5000)
What you will need to file an ONLINE report:
- The report must be filed by the owner of the damaged property or authorized representative or the finder of property or authorized representative.
- A valid email address.
- Complete incident address and contact address information.
- A Driver's License, ownership, insurance information (if applicable).
Filing a false police report is a criminal offence . Once a report is submitted you will receive a temporary reference number. We will endeavour to have your submission reviewed by an officer within 72 hours at which time an official occurrence number will be sent to you.
Note: Please turn off any pop-up blocking software before filing the report (Check your browser's Help files for instructions).