Online Reporting - Frequently Asked Questions

Q – Am I able to report lost licence plates or a stolen vehicle online?
A –  Lost or missing licence plates or Accessible Parking Permits no longer need to be reported to Waterloo Regional Police Service or other policing agencies. To report a lost or missing licence plate or Accessible Parking Permit, a vehicle/plate owner must now visit a ServiceOntario Retail Office. Appropriate forms will be made available at those locations. To report a stolen licence plate(s), the vehicle/plate owner is still required to report the incident to police and obtain the appropriate incident number. These types of incidents can be reported online. 

Q – Can I file a report for something that happened in another city or on a provincial highway?
A – No, for incidents that occurred outside Waterloo Region, or on a highway, please call the appropriate police service for that jurisdiction. For example, incidents occurring on Highway 85 and Highway 7/8 within Waterloo Region should be reported to the Ontario Provincial Police. The O.P.P. Cambridge detachment can be reached at (519) 654-0150. 

Q – What is a suspect?
A – A suspect is when you or someone else knows the person who allegedly committed the crime or knows the licence plate of the vehicle the suspects were in. A suspect may also be identified through video surveillance that you know exists. 

Q – Can I report a lost passport or other government issued ID online?
A – Lost or stolen drivers licence can be reported online but for all other types of ID you will need to speak with an officer for these reports.  Call (519) 653-7700 and ask to speak with a dispatcher for further direction.

Q – Am I able to advise that I have found property that I previously reported as stolen or lost online?
A – Yes, fill out a “supplemental report” and in the incident description, advise that you are reporting that you found property you previously reported as lost or stolen.

Q – In what languages can I submit a report?
A – Only English at this time 

Q – What kind of reports can I submit online?
A –        • Theft Under $5000
             • Theft from a Vehicle under $5000
             • Damage to Property under $5000
             • Damage to Vehicle under $5000
             • Lost property under $5000 

Q – Can I contact someone to provide feedback or report problems with the site?
A – You can email:



This translation feature provides a general interpretation of the web page content, but does not represent an exact translation. The Waterloo Regional Police Service is not liable for the accuracy of any translation as all text is automatically translated without manual verification for correctness. Should any translation result in offensive or inappropriate language, please notify us directly. The re-publication of any offensive or inappropriate language is strictly prohibited.
Call us

Non Emergencies:


(519) 653-7700

Other Areas

(519) 570-3000

Automated Attendant

(519) 650 8500

911 for Emergencies Only

What is an emergency? Calling 911 in other languages

Latest Tweets

  • 1 day 10 hours ago
    Planning on watching #Eclipse2017? Stay safe. Don't stop on highways to watch or take pics while driving. And remem…
  • 1 day 11 hours ago
    University students urged to #lock their doors after numerous rooms were broken into on weekend. Electronics stolen.
  • 2 days 13 hours ago
    Our thoughts are with the families, friends and colleagues of the lost officers. #kissimmee #StandTogether
Cheif's Desk

Office of the Chief

View Chief Matt Torigian's page