WRPS recruiting for Special Constable positions
Apply by October 4, 2012
The Waterloo Regional Police Service is dedicated to providing safety to the community. We’re excited to add several members to our celebrated team…
You will maintain courtroom decorum and search the general public within the courthouse in accordance with WRPS procedures as well as intervene when potential breaches of security are present and notify supervisors as required.
Providing assistance to police officers, you will be responsible for transporting, monitoring, controlling, and receiving custody of prisoners as well as being responsible for their security in, during, and out of court and in custodial facilities.
Additionally, you will sort the serving of Summonses and Subpoenas, perform the background work necessary to check court dates of charged parties, and respond to inquiries from the general public.
Your ability to travel within and outside the region to attend court, transport and escort prisoners, or attend training is required. Additionally, you have valid CPR and Standard First Aid Certificates at time of offer and an Ontario Secondary School Diploma or equivalent.
You must be willing to rotate positions between the assignments of Courts and the Custodial Facility as well as accept shift work when on assignment in the Custodial Facility. Successful completion of the Test Results Profile from Applicant Testing Services is required before being considered. For more information on ATS, please visit the ATS website or call 1-800-429-7728.
- Number of positions available unknown at this time.
- Applicant Testing Services will be testing in the Region of Waterloo on Sunday, September 30, 2012. Applicants can contact ATS directly for more details.
- The OACP Certificate of Results is not transferable to this position.
- Special Constables from other Police Services must also obtain a valid Test Results Profile from ATS to be considered.
- Download full Job Description
- Download Application for Employment
If this sounds like the opportunity for you, please apply by October 4, 2012, to:
Human Resources, Waterloo Regional Police Service
200 Maple Grove Road, Cambridge, ON N3H 5M1
e-mail: Human Resources
An Equal Opportunity Employer. We thank all applicants; however, only those to be interviewed will be contacted.