Thank you for visiting our Community Safety Fraud Prevention page. We invite you to visit the links on the right for information that can assist you in protecting yourself against fraudulent activity.
About the Branch:
The Fraud Branch consists of 11 members: 1 Staff Sergeant, 1 Sergeant, 8 Detectives and 1 civilian. Normal business hours are Monday to Friday each week from 8 a.m. to 4 p.m.
During office hours, reports of major frauds can be made by calling the Fraud Intake Officer at (519) 650-8500, extension 8384. If you require immediate assistance outside of normal business hours, a report can be filed by calling the Waterloo Regional Police Service at (519) 653-7700 in Kitchener, Waterloo and Cambridge, or (519) 570-3000 for all other areas.
The Fraud Branch investigates major occurrences including:
- Social Assistance Frauds
- Insurance Frauds over $25,000
- Automated Teller Machine (A.T.M.) Thefts and Frauds over $25,000
- Credit Card Fraud over $25,000
- Manufacture of Counterfeit Credit Cards
- Frauds against Seniors over $25,000
- Forgery Offences over $25,000
- Production and Possession of Counterfeit Currency
- Frauds over $25,000
Frauds where a loss has been incurred that do not meet the threshold of $25,000 will be assigned for investigation through Neighbourhood Policing - Patrol.
The Waterloo Regional Police Service currently does not take reports for investigation through on-line or e-mail reporting, however we can be contacted for general inquiries and questions through our email address. Email: Fraud Branch
If you believe that you have been the victim of fraud, please contact:
Waterloo Regional Police Service
200 Maple Grove Road
(519) 653-7700 in Kitchener, Waterloo, Cambridge
(519) 570-3000 for Other Areas of Waterloo Region
Fax (519) 650-1793
Additional Helpful Links: