On behalf of the members of the Waterloo Regional Police Traffic Services Branch, welcome to our branch home page. Road safety touches all our lives and has consistently been identified by the community as a top policing priority.
Our web pages have been developed to help keep you informed about who we are, what we do, why we do it and how we do it. We also intend to help provide insight into our comprehensive road safety strategy developed by the officers in Traffic Services- a strategy built on education, enforcement and awareness.
One of our primary goals is to reduce the number of serious injuries and fatalities in our Region each year. However, enforcement alone will not eliminate all collisions or preventable incidents.
Road safety is a shared responsibility. Motorists, cyclists, pedestrians and other vulnerable road users are urged to make safety their top priority at all times as we work together to achieve our goal of making Waterloo Region streets and highways the safest in Ontario.
I hope you find the information on our web pages useful and we look forward to hearing from you.
Scott Diefenbaker, Staff Sergeant
Traffic Services Supervisor
Waterloo Regional Police Service
(519) 650 8500 ext. 8794
E-mail: Scott Diefenbaker
Our Mission Statement
The Traffic Services Branch is committed to a leadership role in the promotion of traffic safety and traffic enforcement, in a community partnership to improve road safety and the quality of life for all people.
- To improve internal communication, by providing ongoing field training in speed detection devices, alcohol countermeasure training, collision investigation, and cooperative enforcement efforts.
- To improve external communication, in partnership with community stakeholders and the media develop a strategic plan to promote safety initiatives and regularly report to partners on the accomplishment of those initiatives, in the region of Waterloo
- To improve traffic enforcement and raise community awareness, an emphasis on proactive speed management and enhanced alcohol countermeasure efforts by applying The Traffic Management Plan.
- To provide operational support, by having the best trained members in the field of collision investigation, speed management, special event management and an effective collision self reporting system.
- To improve visibility in the community, through community volunteer efforts, interaction with community stakeholders and strategic thinking to raise community awareness and road safety.
For more information, send your inquiry to: email@example.com