The Waterloo Regional Police Service Auxiliary Unit is comprised of approximately seventy five members from our community. These volunteers assist our Police Service with numerous events, parades and community programs around our region.
After completing a minimum of fifty hours of training, these volunteers are assigned to a divisional unit where they volunteer a minimum of twelve hours per month to our community.
Some of the events and community programs that they assist with include the Elmira’s Maple Syrup Festival, Wellesley’s Apple Butter & Cheese Festival, Canada Day celebrations and numerous Santa Claus Parades, just to name a few.
For general inquiries, please contact: Cst. Ron Nichols (519) 650-8500 ext. 8884.
The calendar year 2014 demonstrated once again why our Waterloo Regional Police Service Auxiliary members truly are the best.
Auxiliary members donated 13, 833 hours of their own time to benefit both our community and our Police Service at just under 200 community events.
The Auxiliary team could also be found assisting sworn members on ride – alongs or at one of our many R.I.D.E. programs.
The men and women who proudly wear the checkered forage cap band, displayed their commitment to helping others in multiple charitable initiatives in 2014.
- $554 was raised for the Community Safety Village at the Elmira Hungryman Breakfast
- 114 units of blood donated to Canadian Blood Services
- Collected over 2,000 cans of food at Kitchener Klash Football Game in support of Waterloo Region Food Bank
- Volunteered 394 hours in collecting 7,110 toys and $14,205.10 and 33 pounds of food during our 5th annual Stuff a Cruiser Campaign
- Auxiliary Constable John Klager spearheaded the 2014 Cops 4 Cancer campaign during which 5 Auxiliary members shaved their heads and $ 47,000 was raised in support of the Canadian Cancer Society
These are just a few examples our dedicated Auxiliary members who volunteer their service outside of their professional and familial obligations.
These dedicated volunteers truly represent our service motto of “People Helping People”.
For further information regarding the auxiliary recruitment process, and to download all forms necessary to submit an application, can be found by clicking here.