What is it?
The Forensic Identification Branch provides fingerprinting service for criminal record checks and police vulnerable sector checks. If you need fingerprints for another reason please see the bottom of this page.
Fingerprinting services are provided by appointment only. Those applying for a record check will be contacted if fingerprints are required. The service is provided at the Police Reporting Centre, located at 150 Maple Grove Road in Cambridge.
Please arrive 10 minutes prior to your appointment to process your paperwork and payment. If you are late, we may not be able to accommodate you. Due to the large volume of requests, appointments are booked every 15 minutes and we must keep them on schedule. If you are unable to keep your appointment please call (519) 650-8500 extension 8900.
1. Payment is due at the time of fingerprinting (cash or debit only).
The RCMP charges non-volunteers $25 for electronic submission. There is no charge for volunteers, with a letter from an agency.
2. Please be sure to have appropriate identification ready to present when you check in.
3. Fingerprinting services are provided to citizens living in the Region of Waterloo only. Individuals are required to show identification at the time of processing confirming residence within the Regional Municipality of Waterloo.
• If you have been requested to submit fingerprints, more information can be obtained by linking to Why Do I Need to Submit Fingerprints?
• For more information on fingerprinting please contact the Identification Branch by phone at (519) 653-7700 ext 8525, or by email at email@example.com
• For information regarding the RCMP processing time, fees and mailing instructions can be obtained by linking to the Canadian Criminal Records Information Services
Other Fingerprint Services:
Fingerprints for Canadian Citizenship, Immigration, Record Suspension Applications, U.S. Waiver Applications, FBI ink fingerprinting and Employment purposes without a Police Record Check are not available through the Waterloo Regional Police Service. Please see the list of RCMP accredited fingerprint specialists, at http://www.rcmp-grc.gc.ca/cr-cj/acc-eng.htm. Costs of service may vary depending on the provider.
Two companies available in Waterloo Region are:
DC Clinics, 8-31 McBrine Drive, Kitchener (formerly L1 Identity Solutions)
OTS Services, 20 Anglerock Dr., Cambridge
Tel: 519-620-0936 | Fax: 519-620-4294 | email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Please call or email ahead for an appointment.