About the Branch:
The Quality Assurance Branch creates and revises Service procedures in compliance with the Police Services Act and its Adequacy and Effectiveness of Police Services Regulation.
The Branch further ensures the delivery of adequate and effective police services through internal auditing against standards set in the Policing Standards Manual and Service procedures.
Networking with other police services across Canada to develop innovative techniques and establish best practices are further responsibilities of this Branch.
Staff Sergeant Gary Haffner
Phone: (519) 650- 8535
E-mail: Gary Haffner
Sergeant Karin Eder
Phone: (519) 650 8500 ext. 8950
E-mail: Karin Eder
- Manage risk through timely and practical dissemination of legislative changes and provincial standards
- Achieve a balance between meeting regulatory requirements and addressing operational necessities
- Provide efficient channels for constant input and improvement between operational units and senior management
- Recognize opportunities to empower all members in quality control and business improvement
- Evaluate compliance with legislation, procedures and “best practices”