Access to Information

Frequently Asked Questions

Under the Municipal Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act (MFIPPA) individuals can request access to any record held by government institutions, including a local police service. Requests for copies of records that already exist within the files of this police service are made through the Access to Information Unit.

All requests made through this Unit are responded to in accordance with MFIPPA.

If you have any questions regarding making a request, you may contact the Access to Information office by phone at 519-650-8514 or by email at

For more information, check our Frequently Asked Questions link above.

Access/Correction Request Form

To be completed by persons requesting access to information (eg: Request for Police Reports) and/or requesting a correction to their own information. Access/Correction Request Form.

Consent to Disclose Personal Information

To be completed by persons consenting to release of their personal information. Consent to Disclose Personal Information Form.

Contact Us

How Do I...