Collision Reporting

Hours of Operation: Monday-Friday 7am to 9pm; Saturday and Sunday 8am to 5pm. 

Location: 150 Maple Grove Road, Cambridge, Ontario, between Police Headquarters and Regional Emergency Medical Services.

Telephone: 519-570-9777 (WRPS)

Frequently Asked Questions

 When should a driver report a collision at the P.R.C.?
 Report a collision to the P.R.C. providing it DOES NOT involve:
  • Personal injury or death;
  • Any criminal activity, such as an impaired driver, stolen vehicles, assaults
  • A government vehicle of any kind, including taxi cabs;
  • A vehicle transporting dangerous goods;
  • A person who's drivers licence is suspended or is not insured;
  • Damage to private, municipal or highway property;
  • A pedestrian or cyclist;
  • An uncooperative driver;
  • One or more of the drivers resides outside the Regional Municipality of Waterloo

If any of the above circumstances exist, an officer should attend the scene. Call 911 for emergencies, or 519-570-9777 (WRPS) for non-emergency situations.

"The Highway Traffic Act of Ontario requires that all collisions involving injury or death, or where the damage apparently exceeds $2,000.00 (combined) or where there is damage to highway property must be reported to the police forthwith."

Any person who has been involved in a collision who fails to attend at the Centre when directed by a police officer or when otherwise required by law is guilty of an offence.  

Can Fail to Remain (Hit & Run) collisions be reported at the Centre?
Yes, providing the collision meets the reporting criteria and the suspect is not known. A police officer will be dispatched to the scene if the suspect vehicle is still in the area of the collision.
What  steps need to be taken when a collision occurs?
Check the list of exceptions to determine if it is necessary to have police attend the scene.   If it is safe to do so, remove the vehicle(s) from the roadway. If any vehicle cannot be moved or it is not safe to move it, call the police and await further instructions.

Exchange information with the other driver(s). Ensure you gather as much information about the other driver and any available witnesses, including name, address, home and business phone numbers, vehicle information and insurance information.

As soon as possible, attend the Centre with your vehicle during operating hours. If your vehicle is being towed, it must be taken directly to the Centre, without receiving any repairs or alterations.   Under no circumstance will vehicles be stored at the Centre.

Bring your drivers licence, the vehicle permit and insurance slip with you to the Centre.

If an officer attends the scene, obtain their name, badge number and incident number from them.

What if my vehicle is not drivable?

If your vehicle is not drivable, please remain at the scene and an officer will be dispatched to your location. The officer will ensure that the scene is safe and that driver, vehicle and insurance information is exchanged.

 How long does the reporting process take?

Typically you should allow about 15-20 minutes once you arrive at the PRC. In inclement weather it can take longer dependent on demand.

 What should I bring with me when I report?

Ideally both parties should attend at the same time to speed the process. We will need to view the vehicle that was damaged; your driver's license, vehicle permit (ownership) and insurance slip.  If there is a witness, their contact information is important.

 What should I expect once I get to the PRC?

A police officer will examine your licence, permit and insurance information for validity. The officer will enter your portion of the report into a computer.  After viewing your damage, a photograph of the damaged area will be taken to confirm the damage. You will receive a card with the officer's name and an incident number. You will need that when you report the collision to your insurer.

 Does the PRC take Hit and Run reports?

Hit and Runs incidents can be reported at the PRC. However, a police officer will be dispatched to the scene if the suspect vehicle is still in the area of the collision.

 How do I get to the P.R.C.?

From Kitchener-Waterloo via Highway 8 east, take Sportsworld Drive exit and stay to the right, merging on to Sportsworld Drive northbound (which becomes Maple Grove Road). Turn left at the second traffic light (Cherry Blossom Road) into the Regional Government complex and follow the signs to Police Reporting Centre. (Distance from the Sportsworld exit ramp to Headquarters is less than half a kilometer.)

From Preston-Cambridge via King Street East, drive westbound heading toward Kitchener. Turn right (northbound) on to Sportsworld Drive, continue underneath Highway 8 interchange and follow directions as above.

From Hespeler-Cambridge, take Highway 24 to Maple Grove Road. Travel southbound on Maple Grove Road, to Cherry Blossom Rd. Turn right into the property at the traffic lights (less than half a kilometer from Maple Grove and Fountain) and follow the signs to the Police Reporting Centre.

 How do I obtain a copy of a collision report?

Collision reports are supplied by Accident Support Services Limited (ASSL) for any incidents after January 22, 2019.   


If the collision occurred prior to January 22, 2019 please contact the Waterloo Regional Police Service (WRPS) Collision Report Specialist at 519-570-9777, extension 8303 or email for direction.  


The Waterloo Regional Police Service provides collision reports to a defined list of individuals or agencies for a fee of $125 + HST ($141.25). 


The Waterloo Regional Police Service will provide collision reports to:

  1. The person or business directly involved;
  2. The law firm whose client is directly involved;
  3. The insurance company whose insured is directly involved;
  4. The person or business who sustained damage to their property as a direct result of a motor vehicle collision.

Request for Collision Report
If directed, mail the form with a money order, certified cheque or business cheque (if applicable) in the amount of $141.25 to:

                                    Waterloo Regional Police Service

                                    P.O. Box 3070

                                    200 Maple Grove Road

                                    Cambridge, Ontario  N3H 5M1

                                    Attention: Collision Reports




Individuals requesting a copy of a collision report by mail or email are required to pick up in person to show identification.  

You may also complete the request and pay by cash, debit or credit card at the Police Reporting Centre located at 150 Maple Grove Road, Cambridge (next to Police Headquarters).  Hours of operation are Monday to Friday 8:00am to 4:00pm.  For more information, please call 519-570-9777 ext. 8303. 


Note: If you are requesting information on behalf of another individual you will have to provide a completed Consent to Personal Information form.



Contact Us

How Do I...