Online Reporting


If you are currently experiencing an emergency, please call 911. 

Once a report is submitted you will receive a temporary reference number. Your submission will reviewed by an officer and an official occurrence number sent to you. This process will take several days up to a week.  Filing a false police report is a criminal offence.

Note: Please turn off any pop-up blocking software before filing the report (Check your browser's Help files for instructions).

File an Online Report

Frequently Asked Questions

 What can I report online?

  • Damage to Vehicle (other than by collision and under $5000)
  • Lost Property (Under $5000)
  • Lost / Stolen Drivers Licence
  • Mischief/Damage to Property (Under $5000)
  • Theft (Under $5000)
  • Theft from an LCBO location (Shoplifting)
  • Theft from Vehicle (Under $5000)
  • Theft of Licence Plates
  • Fraud Under $25,000/Identity Theft
  • Traffic or Driving Complaints - Not in Progress
    • Erratic/Dangerous Driving Complaint
    • Constant neighbourhood traffic-related issues (such as speeding, stop sign, etc.)
    • School Bus violations


 What do I need to file an online report?

  • The report must be filed by the owner of the damaged property or authorized representative or the finder of property or authorized representative.
  • A valid email address.
  • Complete incident address and contact address information.
  • A Driver's Licence, ownership, insurance information (if applicable).

 When should I call police instead?

  • If you have a known suspect.
  • If you are in possession of any evidence.
  • If the value of the theft, loss or property damage is MORE THAN $5,000.
  • If the incident occurred outside of Waterloo Region.
  • If someone broke into your home or business.
  • If this is a motor vehicle collision.
  • If this is a theft or loss of a firearm.
  • If this is a theft or loss of Government issued Personal Identification documents, other than Driver Licences
  • If this is related to any form of personal violence including domestic violence.
  • If this is related to any kind of vandalism or graffiti that could be described as hate motivated.
  • If this is related to Fraud Over $25,000
  • If this is related to a traffic complaint that is in progress.
  • If you represent a retail business, other than a LCBO, reporting a theft (shoplifting). 

Can I report a theft from my retail business (shoplifting) using online reporting?

As part of a pilot project, the LCBO is authorized to submit thefts from a retail business (shoplifting) incidents via online reporting. Any other businesses please call us at 519-570-9777 to make a report.




Contact Us

How Do I...