Report It

911 Emergency

If there is an immediate risk to the safety of people or property, dial 911. This service quickly links callers to Police, Fire and/or Ambulance Services. When a citizen calls 9-1-1, the goal is to ensure the appropriate Emergency Service responds as quickly as possible.

Non-Emergency 519-570-9777

You should not call 911 unless a dangerous condition requiring immediate action exists. Examples of a non-emergency call would include: Theft from vehicle, property damage where suspects have fled scene, a motor vehicle collision where no injuries are reported, and general inquires.


Teletypewriter (TTY) For Hearing Impaired Only: 1-888-420-1777

 Online Reporting
 Submit a Report Online


Contact your city or township's ByLaw office for issues that are not criminal in nature but relate to day-to-day community rules such as noise, parking, animal control, property standards, and care of roads. 

If you have a problem with a neighbour that relates to a city ByLaw and that you cannot solve by talking to that neighbour, you can report the violation to your local ByLaw office. 

Car Collision

If any of the following circumstances exist, you should call 911 immediately.

  • Personal injury or death;
  • Any criminal activity, such as an impaired driver, stolen vehicles, assaults
  • A government vehicle of any kind, including taxi cabs;
  • A vehicle transporting dangerous goods;
  • A person who's drivers licence is suspended or is not insured;
  • Damage to private, municipal or highway property;
  • A pedestrian or cyclist;
  • An uncooperative driver;
  • One or more of the drivers resides outside the Regional Municipality of Waterloo

Non-emergency collisions can be reported to the Collision Reporting Centres


Child Abuse

If you suspect someone is the victim of Child Abuse, you can contact us at 519-570-9777 (for emergencies call 911). Or you can contact our partners, the Child Witness Centre or Family and Children's Services.  

Crime Stoppers

You can now report crimes or offer tips via phone, text, or online. Crime Stoppers does not subscribe to 'Call Display', or 'Call Trace', and does not record phone conversations. When you call, you will be given a confidential code number. This is the only way you are linked to your tip information. Depending on the information and crime, you will be asked to call back at certain intervals to obtain an update on your information. It will be up to you to call, as Crime Stoppers does not have your information.

Domestic Violence

If you feel that you are a victim of domestic violence call the police.  If it is a domestic violence incident in progress call 911, otherwise call 519-570-9777. Domestic Violence means any use of physical or sexual force, actual or threatened, in an intimate relationship, including emotional and/or psychological abuse or harassing behaviour. Any gender can be a victim of Domestic Violence.

Elder Abuse

If you are concerned about an older adult who is at significant risk of harm, is being abused, requires urgent care or is in an emergency situation, call 911. Concerns about suspected or actual abuse should be reported to the police for investigation by calling 519-570-9777.


Contact Waterloo Regional Police Non-Emergency: 519-570-9777 or file an online report.

Report Online

Human Trafficking

If you or someone you know is a victim of Human Trafficking, contact police immediately. If you have information about a person being coerced into the sex trade, call us at 519-570-9777 and speak to our officer who is dedicated to investigating cases of Human Trafficking. 

Missing Person

To report a missing person, please contact 911 or phone 519-570-9777 and request to speak with the Missing Persons Unit.

Sexual Assault

Immediately reporting a Sexual Assault is important so that evidence can be collected and maintained. In emergency situations, call 911. You may also call 519-570-9777 or contact Family and Children's Services and you will be directed to our Special Victims Branch. 


For incidents of theft that are in progress, call 911. If the theft is under $5000 in value, a theft from a vehicle, licence plate theft, or theft of Government issues Personal Identification, you can Report Online. Otherwise, contact police through the Non-Emergency phone number 519-570-9777.


Report Online

Contact Us

How Do I...